This Safeguarding Policy outlines the commitment of the Aldgate Connect Business Improvement District (“the BID”) to ensure the safety and well-being of all individuals engaged in its activities and initiatives. The BID recognises its responsibility to safeguard and protect children, young people, vulnerable adults, and all participants involved in its community engagement programs and services. This policy is designed to provide guidance and procedures to prevent and respond effectively to safeguarding concerns.
This policy applies to all employees, volunteers, contractors, partners, and anyone engaged with the BID’s activities, events, and initiatives. It encompasses all aspects of safeguarding, including child protection, adult protection, and ensuring a safe environment for all.
4. DESIGNATED SAFEGUARDING OFFICER (DSO)
The BID will appoint a Designated Safeguarding Officer responsible for overseeing all safeguarding matters and ensuring compliance with this policy. The DSO’s contact information will be readily available to all participants.
5. EXPECTATIONS OF THIRD PARTIES
Third-party organisations and individuals delivering activities on behalf of the BID are expected to adhere to this safeguarding policy and meet the following requirements:
6. RISK ASSESSMENT AND MANAGEMENT
The BID will conduct risk assessments for activities involving children, young people, and vulnerable adults. Measures will be implemented to mitigate identified risks.
7. REPORTING CONCERNS
• Any safeguarding concerns or incidents must be reported to the DSO immediately.
• The DSO will maintain accurate records of all reported concerns and actions taken.
8. RESPONDING TO CONCERNS
• The BID will follow established procedures for assessing and responding to safeguarding concerns, working in partnership with relevant authorities as necessary.
• Appropriate support will be offered to affected individuals.
• All safeguarding matters will be handled with sensitivity, and information will only be shared on a need-to-know basis.
• This Safeguarding Policy will be communicated to all employees, volunteers, contractors, partners, and third-party providers involved in BID activities. It will also be made available to the public upon request.
• The BID will maintain open communication channels with participants and their families, ensuring they are aware of the organisation’s commitment to safeguarding.
11. REVIEW AND MONITORING
• This policy will be reviewed annually or more frequently if required, to ensure it remains up-to-date and effective.
• Safeguarding practices will be monitored and evaluated regularly to identify areas for improvement.
12. REVIEW DATE
This Safeguarding Policy will be reviewed in or before October 2024.
By adhering to this safeguarding policy, Aldgate Connect BID aims to create a safe, inclusive, and supportive environment for all individuals engaged in its community engagement initiatives, including third parties delivering activities on its behalf.
The Aldgate Business Partnership Ltd (Aldgate Connect BID)
Primera Corporation Ltd